One of the biggest sporting events each year is the College Basketball Championships. The men’s college basketball tournaments start in early March with selection day and run through early April. This is a great opportunity to profit from this event. Our Hoops Pick’em Contest challenges contestants to successfully select the winners for each round of the Men’s College Basketball Championships. Contestants can measure their success against other contestants while competing for great prizes.
Important Dates for 2018
Optimal contest start: Thursday, March 1st
Contest start deadline: Friday, March 9th
Brackets Announcement: Sunday, March 11th
Opening Round game: Tuesday, March 13th
First Round starts: Thursday, March 15th
Contestants also have access to tournament schedules, team standings, interesting stats, viewer polls, Buddy Tracker (Allows contestants to track the scores of friends playing the contest, along with their scores, to see how they stack up against one another), and Buddy Groups (Allows contestants to start their own private group for friends, family, co-workers, etc. Once a buddy group is started, contestants can invite other players, setup group rules, and use group messaging within the contest).
How does it Work?
This contest is much like tournament contests found in the newspapers. The difference is, our contest is accessible 24/7, is updated continuously, and keeps the contestants coming back to the site.
Contestants can pre-register in late February, up to two weeks before selection day. Contestants will also be able to register up until the first game starts. Once registered, their information is stored. If pre-registered, contestants will be emailed after selection day to make their selections for the big tournament.
The contest allows for the posting of scores and standings to the web after each round. Contestants are automatically notified via email when scores and standings have been updated. They are then linked back to your website to check their standings. Contestants can view the top scoring contestants from the leader board. If not listed near the top of the leader board, contestants can login to see their personal standings.
Winners are declared after the final games are held. Results are posted to the site and the site will remain accessible to the public for at least 10 days. All prizes given away are the responsibility of the client and/or their sponsors.
- Upon purchase, we will not provide the contest to any competing media companies in your market.
- Contest can run stand-alone or be embedded within your site.
- The contest is totally hands-off! We host the site and data for the duration of the contest, make all tournament updates, send contest update and reminder emails, and handle contestant email support.
- Contestants have access to tournament schedules, team standings, contestant picks, viewer polls, contestant tracking and private groups.
- Ability to add additional questions to registration to gather demographic and/or marketing information for you and/or sponsor(s).
- Additional sponsor advertising included in email updates and/or online coupons.
- Delivery of all contestant registration information, additional marketing/demographic information, banner impressions and click-thrus, and traffic statistics after the contest.
- Sponsorship banners or coupons placed on printable brackets pick sheet.
- “Round of 16” Contest. Stations have the option of adding a second contest. This contest covers the last four rounds of play. This is a good way to get additional viewers to signup that may have missed the cutoff date for the contest. Also gives existing players another chance to win.
- Increased user statistics and demographic information.
- Increased spiral marketing techniques through email and “tell a friend” features.
Although we manage almost all aspects of the contest, clients have the ability to access and manage certain contest sections and information. Clients can manage contestant data, emails, polls, registration data, etc. Clients can also access real-time contest traffic analysis and web ads statistics.
Pricing is based on market size, applicable “pay as you play” discounts, and applicable group purchasing discounts. Contest price includes:
- Setup and customization of contest including: company logo, sponsor banners and links, rules, homepage message, tell a friend email message, registration confirmation email, contest update and reminder emails
- Hosting of site and data for the duration of the contest
- Updating of scores and standings throughout contest
- Weekly email reminders and contest standings updates
- Contestant email support
- Statistical tracking of all traffic, banner views, click-thrus, etc
- Delivery of all contestant registration information and all traffic statistics after contest
For more information including pricing, contest documentation, and online demos please contact us at 1-877-249-1898 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.